[Woodcarver] Warren Blades

Reuben E. Hall rubehall at cox.net
Mon Aug 30 14:16:47 EDT 2004

  In a message dated 8/28/2004 11:13:30 PM US Mountain Standard Time, re2camp at aol.com writes:
    Ok, Carol!  Don't keep me hanging,  What's your secret.
  The secret is to never let them get dull. The most I have ever done other than strop them is to use a very fine grit sandpaper fastened to a piece of wood. I have used that only when there were slight gouges in the blade. Then I strop them and they are as good as new.
  Carol

  Carol Robertson
  Whetstone, AZ
  Please take a look at my carvings in my Webshots photo album:
  http://community.webshots.com/user/carolrobertson102

  Carol, you might try a piece of glass with some Wet or Dry paper for doing the more agressive sharpening. I find the glass to be a flatter surface. Other than this my method is the same as yours.
  Reuben