[Woodcarver] Warren Blades...

J and C Lukens jaycee at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 30 13:22:28 EDT 2004

I HAVE IN THE PAST SHARPENED WARREN BLADES.....BUT....I HAVE USED THE
TORMEK SYSTEM.....THE REASON FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO SHARPEN OR STROP A
WARREN BLADE IS BECAUSE THERE IS A 1-2% CONCAVE ON THE CARVING EDGE....AND
SINCE THE BLADES THEMSELVES ARE TEMPERED...IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO REDRESS
ON A FLAT SURFACE STONE......ANY TYPE OF A LEATHER POWER STROPER OR PAPER
WHEEL SHOULD GET THE DESIRED RESULTS......THE OTHER CONSIDERATION IS THAT
THE WARREN BLADES ARE MEANT TO BE A THROW-AWAY TYPE BLADE....BUT HOLDING AN
EDGE GREATER THAN THE XACTO TYPE....HOPE THIS HELPS IN THE CONFUSION

JOHN AKA MR CHIPS

 Subject: Warren blades/Test the edge