[Woodcarver] New Site OOPS

Clive Goss clive at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 1 09:58:59 EST 2004

Hi Gary,
Welcome to the list, and to the wonderful world of wood carving. Try practicing on Pine, I use it a lot and it's a lot cheaper than Basswood. You can also laminate (glue) pieces together to get the thickness you want. Then once you feel confident with a piece you can use the more expensive woods. Keep practicing and you will be amazed how easier the difficult seems to become.
Also go to Susan Irish's site, www.carvingpatterns.com she has some really great online tutorials for beginners and even includes the pattern, you will learn a lot from her.
All the best.
Clive.
www.partnersinwood.com

  Although I am new to the list I wanted to post some of the work I have done
  so far and solicit some responses. If anyone would like to take a look I am
  including a link to the site I just created.

  Be honest, gently but honest. ;-)

  Thanks

  Gary  (CarvingNewB at insightbb.com)

  Sorry, here is the link.