[Woodcarver] Re: Dayton Show

Sylda sylda at kansas.net
Mon Dec 6 14:36:36 EST 2004

Mike, I just went through the Dayton Show pictures.  They are great, I would
like to attend this show.  Please, keep us posted as to when the next show
will be.
As a woodburner I was very interested in the items of this medium.  There
are several woodburners in our area that use the stippling method of
shading.  I have never really liked it and have strived to learn the more
realistic form of  shading.  I recently visited with a judge about this and
he advised me to learn the stippling method; however, after seeing the
woodburnings shown at Dayton with the realistic form of shading I believe
I'll keep at it.  Those pictures are fabulous and I would be very happy to
accomplish it.
Thanks again for allowing us to view your pictures.
Sylda