[Woodcarver] Christmas List

Joe Dillett jdillett at thecarvingshop.com
Wed Dec 8 19:47:22 EST 2004

One brand new Craftsman that I
> don't know how to use.  My husband says it's too dangerous for me, but he
> doesn't do what I want when I want it.  Any solutions?
> Sylda
***********
Hi Sylda,

There's only one way to get quick agreement to have him teach you safety on
the bandsaw, and that's to hid the remote.

The bandsaw is safer than most woodworking machines but it still requires
care and respect (this coming from a guy with 9 fingers).

On the other saw you need to know the length of the blade. If the length of
the blade isn't marked on the machine stretch a string around the outside
path of the blade. Measure the length of the string. If there is no standard
blades that length you can order them custom lengths. Or call a tool dealer
and give them the make and model number and they'll look up what blade
length you need.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3