[Woodcarver] Teaching Children to Carve - get a carver

Bill Smith baydolphs at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 17:12:04 EST 2004

Have u thought about meetin half way from each of u
sometimes there is a park or some place else that u
can go to teach the kid that is an hour away from the
two of you..

WhatI have found that helps me when I am workin with
kids in teaching them the art of woodcarving I have
the first two weeks jst the two of us. As the new
student learns the way to do it then move him into a
group setting this way he or she is not tryin to meet
the other young carver in the group, as I found on
tries to do what the other is doin..

I was teachin my late girlfriend's son to carve and
his sister was learning to sew she keep watching the
two of us carving, had her brother all confussed so
the next time I had him over  by himself n  his sister
come over lator...

Seems to have been the missin clue to what he was
tring to learn and being able to see what I was
doing.. Others  students I have taught have also learn
faster this way..

Bill