[Woodcarver]wood burned portrait tips-sylda

Linehan718 at aol.com Linehan718 at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 03:13:43 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/16/2004 11:06:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sylda at kansas.net writes:
This will certainly help me when I try to do some of my grandchildren.  So
far I have only done pictures from books.  I did basically the same as you in
burning the pictures, but haven’t tried the carving.  I want to perfect the
burning before trying the carving.  I have no web site, but will try to get a
picture to you and would appreciate your opinion.  It will be awhile, so don’t
hold your breath.  I’m taking the burner and some wood ( & the sander) with me,
but have no idea how much I’ll do. Am I understanding you right — you only
carved around the edges, rounded the face and tapered out toward the edge of the
wood???  Did you do any reburning after the carving?
Thanks again,
no reburning after the carving.

Maura carvin' in nyc
http://www.picturetrail.com/whiteknight718