[Woodcarver] Cabinet Jack vs. carving jack

Marcia Berkall whitwood at pivot.net
Sun Dec 19 15:43:54 EST 2004

Hi Holly,

 From what I can tell, the Carving Jack is a wood carver's tool, with
knife,  gouges, chisel, scorps, etc.  The Cabinet Jack although it has a
shallow gouge and detail knife, is more  of a woodworkers tool, with
straight chisel, cornering tool, corner chisel and marking scribe.  For
more info go to http://www.flexcut.com
Hope this helps.

Marcia (aka Mush)
S. China, Maine

At 02:32 PM 12/19/2004, Holly wrote:
>Can anyone explain the difference between Flexcut's carving jack and the
>cabinet jack?  Which one is the best one for a carver's use?

Visit Marcia's  Whittlins 'n Wood  web site at:
http://www.pivot.net/~whitwood
http://community.webshots.com/user/cahvah