[Woodcarver] Re: Eucalyptus

Paul and Diana Guraedy pdguraedy at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 16:31:37 EST 2004

I am not sure which of the eucalyptus woods I want. Acutally, I had seen it only once before and it went under the name fishtail oak. I saw some recently in Omaha, NE (while visiting my son). I was told that it is sells under the name fishtail oak. It was 6x6x2 and I used it as a base for a carving. I called back when I arrived home and bought the last piece they had in stock. Then I got the idea for a carving using the look of this wood; but, have no idea how to go about finding it. I would need a piece 6x6x12 do do the carving. It is a redish brown color and has an interesting figure (more interesting than birds eye maple). It, or at least the piece I bought, is fairly dense. Have any of you in Australia carved it?

Paul and Diana Guraedy
pdguraedy at yahoo.com
Alpena, Arkansas