[Woodcarver] Sunday Woodcarver Chat

Marcia Berkall whitwood at pivot.net
Sun Dec 26 10:04:47 EST 2004

Happy Holidays!!!

Join in on the fun!!!
For informative and fun REAL TIME conversations with a number of the
carvers on "The List", come to the Woodcarver chats.  We don't always
talk about carving, but if anyone has a question or comment, we can get
serious in a hurry.  Get to know the people behind the names.  And bring
you carving questions with you!!!

We meet on Wednesday nights at 9:30 PM Eastern and on Sundays at 4:30
PM Eastern.

If you are NOT using an IRC chat program, I think you will like these
simplified instructions!!!  Just click on one of these links:  (the first
two links will take you directly to #Woodcarverchat)

http://www.starlink-irc.org/java/java_mountvernon.html?chan=#Woodcarverchat
http://www.starlink-irc.org/java/java_williamslake.html?chan=#Woodcarverchat
http://houston.tx.us.starlink-irc.org/
http://roswell.nm.us.starlink-irc.org/chat/
http://yarmouth.ns.ca.starlink-irc.org/chat.html

They will take a LONG time to load!!!!!!!  Don't give up.  When it finally
does load, you will be asked to type in a nickname.....then click connect,
and wait a little bit longer. The chat screen will open....You'll see a
large window with lots of text, and just under it a narrow space...put the
cursor in that narrow space.
  Type     /join #Woodcarverchat      ( you need the /, the #  and
uppercase W) then hit the  "enter" key....and you will be in the right place.

*******

If you are using an irc chat program:
    IRC Starlink Network... server:  Starlink Random Server
If it's not in your mirc program you can add it:
Where it says "Description" type "Starlink Random Server"
Where it says "IRC Server" type IRC.STARLINK-IRC.ORG
Port should be 6664,6665,6666,6667,6668,6669   (all of those with no spaces
between them)
and "Group" is Starlink-IRC
*******

If you have Webtv:

Return to the Home page;  http://www.starlink-irc.org
Select Community
Select Chat
Select Go to
Enter the following:
Server address: HOUSTON.TX.US.STARLINK-IRC.ORG
Port number : 6667
The channel name: #Woodcarverchat
Select Connect
Once you click on "connect", you will sign
onto the StarLink-IRC network and will immediately
join the #Woodcarverchat channel. See you on the channel

See you there!
E-mail me off the list for additional information and instructions.
I will also be monitoring icq (48595514) so feel free to message me for help.

Marcia Berkall             or         Jack Royer
whitwood at pivot.net                    deuell at reinbeck.net

Visit Marcia's  Whittlins 'n Wood  web site at:
http://www.pivot.net/~whitwood
http://community.webshots.com/user/cahvah