[Woodcarver] Butternut

Joe Dillett jdillett at thecarvingshop.com
Fri Dec 31 11:17:27 EST 2004

Hi Jimmy,

Butternut is getting harder and harder to get. I was able to locate a
supplier, through The Hardwood Connection, in New York who had 16/4 for $16
a board foot. Very Very Very expensive. I've been able to locate other less
expensive wood but not as good a grade.

In the future Butternut will be the wood of the past. We are almost to that
point now. There are still a few pockets that have some butternut but the
hunting it yielding higher prices with a lower supply. In 2005 I will be
quoting Butternut, if I can get it, as an exotic wood over $30 a board foot.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3
Somonauk, IL. 60552