[Slowhand] Re: EC just wants to sing?

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 23:19:58 EDT 2006

>> Doyle made several more trips to Doug's Tonezone; the last one Doug fixed one of his Wah-wah pedals. Doyle was in a big hurry to get everything he needed to get done, as Eric's tour is just about to begin. Doug told me that he asked Doyle why Eric thought he needed a band with 3 guitar players in it, Doyle told him that Eric wanted to be able to sing more on this tour and not have to do all the guitar playing. <<

This isn't news, it's information that's at least 35 years old!

Fortunately for us, EC has wanted, on occasion, to play the guitar, such as during his 1993-1995 "Nothing But The Blues" period, his 2004 tours, and during last year's Cream reunion shows. So, there's still hope that Derek and Doyle may actually serve to inspire that side of EC's brain, as opposed to the other, lazier side.

DeltaNick