[Slowhand] Re: John Mayalls 70th

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 23:51:53 EDT 2006

Re: John Mayalls 70th>> Not only is EC's guitar low, but his playing was IMO boring. Not agressive, not biting, low and boring. I was rally looking forward to watching this and I was
very disappointed in this concert as on paper, it seems like a winner. The best player by far, is Mayall's guitar player, Buddy Whittington. Clapton's playing on this DVD reminds me a lot of his playing on the SRV Tribute DVD. <<

EC's performance was mailed in.

>> In EC's defense though, can you imagine the pressure on him to duplicate the feeling, tone, and aggressiveness of the original? That, of course is not possible, as EC is longer that person at that time in his life. <<

CORRECTED VERSION: In EC's defense though, can you imagine the pressure on him to duplicate the feeling, tone, and aggressiveness of the original? That, of course is not possible, as EC is longer THE PERSON AND GUITARIST HE USED TO BE at that time in his life. Although postal rates have increased since the '60s, as one of England's richest, EC can now easily afford to mail whatever he wants."

DeltaNick