[Slowhand] RE: Civil Debate

Bbanderic at aol.com Bbanderic at aol.com
Tue Jul 11 16:47:56 EDT 2006

I personally would put the 1989-1996 period, not creatively but his live
playing, up against any other period in Clapton's career, including the Mayall
and Cream years. I just find myself listening/watching more stuff, mainly
boots, from that period than any other.

I would also point out EC was as highly regarded among his peers for his
playing during the '89-'96 period.

I will sat that creatively, I think LAOALS is where EC reached his pinnacle,
that album is simply a masterpiece.

I don't want to understate the early years though, when I first "really
listened" to Cream's version of Crossroads, along with Traffic and B.B. King,
that was it for me, I then tossed out all the Judas Priest and Ozzy records.

Cheers,

Jon