[Slowhand] Joe B...

Garret74 at aol.com Garret74 at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 19:05:24 EST 2006

>>>I listened to the Joe Bonemymassa version of 'Had to

Cry today'.......I guess I'm getting old but I fail to
see the fascination with this guy, who to me is just
another SRV/Hendrix clone who brings absolutely
nothing original to the table...Clapton (in his prime)
said more with 5 notes than this 'hot shot' does with
100 notes......

g.w.<<<

I've bought a couple of his CD's, and I find his guitar playing to be very
good...He's not over the top as some are, and I don't find him a 'clone' of SRV
(like KW Shepherd is)....All in all, I recommend going to see Joe play and I
don't think you'd be wasting your money in buying his CD/s...I find him to
be a fairly original artist.
I don't care much for his cover of The Blind Faith song Had to Cry, though.
But he is a good blues player.

Clapton says even more with five notes now than anyone else I know of...

Are you saying Clapton isn't in his prime right now? ; )

Garret