[Bridging_the_digital_divide] Free Discovery.com VOD subscription

Jason Barkeloo jbarkeloo at touchsmart.net
Wed Jul 7 20:11:36 EDT 2004

> Discovery.com has intitiated a unique program to help school leaders
> and teachers to become aware of the power of the Internet to deliver
> resources to the teachers and students to use in their teaching and
> learning practices.  This initiative allows a district to apply for,
> at no cost, a one-year VOD (video on demand) subscription from
> unitedstreaming.com for one school building to allow teachers to learn
> and share more about these digital resources.  This particular
> resource has over 2,000 video's and 22,000 clips as well as clipart
> repositories, perfect for student projects and teacher demonstration.
> The offer is only for districts/schools who are not current
> subscribers.
>
> If you are not currently a unitedstreaming school, you can go to
> http://vod.unitedstreaming.com.  Many of you have recieved letters or
> e-mails that had a passcode for this offer.  If you don't have it,
> there is a place to request one.
>
> If you are not sure it is value, Discovery.com has provided SIGTC
> members with the following to signup for a free 14-day trial.  Please
> use the passcode below if you are asking for a 14-day trial so
> Discovery will know you are a member of our SIGTC community.  The code
> below is NOT a valid VOD code, it is just for a short trial to get a
> taste of this resource and whether you wish to investigate the VOD
> offer further.
>
> 1.  Go to http://www.unitedstreaming.com
> 2.  In the middle of the screen you will see a section for "Passcode".
>  Enter 2935-F416 in the two boxes.
> 3.  The system will prompt you to set up you own username & password.
>     3.a.  A confirming e-mail will be sent to activate your trial
> account.
> 4.  Once you have successfully set up you username & password, you
> access http://www.unitedstreaming.com.  On the far left side is a
> section for "username" & "password".  Key in your personal data you've
> just set up.
> 5.  You are now live on the site.
>
> From their web-site, the limitations are:
>
> Discovery Education, the leader in digital video and multimedia-based
> learning, is proud to introduce the unitedstreaming VOD Pass – a
> comprehensive new program to bring standards-based digital
> video-on-demand to every school district in the United States. Through
> this promotion, one school building in each district not currently
> subscribing to unitedstreaming will have access to this award winning
> service from July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005.
>
> To find out if your district qualifies for this free trial offer,
> visit http://vod.unitedstreaming.com and select a school. If you are
> eligible, a Discovery Education implementation representative will
> coordinate initial telephone and online training for the instructional
> technology coordinators and teachers at the selected school.
> Throughout the trial period, training is available to ensure that
> [...]
---

Jason Barkeloo
President
TouchSmart Publishing
http://www.touchsmart.net
tele 513.225.8765

This electronic mail (email) communication, and any files transmitted
with it, are confidential, and intended solely for the indicated
recipient(s). Any review, use, or distribution by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, or are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender, and delete all copies
immediately.