[game_preservation] 'Telespiele 1972-2007 Picks Most Influential Games'

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Sun Aug 26 22:49:05 EDT 2007

Stuart Feldhamer wrote:

> I wasn't going to respond, but since Jim did, I'll echo him. I had a similar

> reaction when I noted the lack of Sierra titles. Specifically, I think the

> original Kings Quest should have been on there. If I had to bump one title

> off the list to make room, it would be Elite. It may have been a good game

> but was it really that influential?

Actually, that brings to light another problem with such lists: They're
regional. In Europe, especially the UK, Elite really did have that much
of an influence. But here in the states, it didn't.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/