[game_preservation] New Year's Greeting and Preservation SIG news

Simon Carless simon at archive.org
Mon Jan 8 23:16:29 EST 2007

Oop, looks like my links list already made it to the SIG Wiki:

http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Game_Preservation_SIG/Projects/

Regarding the DMCA exemption - yep, it's renewals every 3 years, so
making progress is important over the next few years. There needs to be
progress shown each time. Fun!

I need to remember who the Game On curator is - I'm talking about the
guy who travels with the exhibition, not the original founder. He's a
Brit - I ran into him when the exhibition was here in San Jose. Will dig
out.

Regards,
Simon.

PS - here's a post I made on GameSetWatch about the DMCA exemption that
is of relevance to this SIG:
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2006/11/dmca_exemption_for_game_archiv.php