[game_preservation] Star Raiders profile (Digital Game Canon) posted on Gamasutra

Simon Carless simon at archive.org
Thu Sep 20 18:26:47 EDT 2007

Hey all,

This is the fourth profile of a Digital Game Canon game we've run on
Gamasutra, and it includes comments from the creator Doug Neubauer -
probably worth adding to the Wiki, Andrew:

Video Games' First Space Opera: Exploring Atari's Star Raiders
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1890/video_games_first_space_opera_.php
'We explore Doug Neubauer's Atari title *Star Raiders*, a "surprisingly
complex space combat simulation" from 1979, and an obscure but vital
precursor of the *Wing Commander*-esque digital space opera.'

I also posted another 'GameSetVideo Treasures' on GameSetWatch, linking to
the 'Making Of Ultima X' video we just archived on Archive.org:

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/09/column_archived_treasures_next.php

Regards,
Simon Carless
[Publisher, Game Developer/Gamasutra.]