[game_preservation] Game developers memorial page?

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:22:12 EST 2008

Andrew,

The Wiki is looking good. I hadn't known about the memorial page for Mark
Haigh Hutchinson. I had not been aware of Retro Studios' memorial page, so
thank you for adding the link. I e-mailed the studio about the project and
asked if anyone would like to contribute to this article in particular
(letting them be aware that the wiki is still under development!). So if you
get any e-mails, Andrew...that's probably the reason why!

Best,

Devin

On Feb 9, 2008 5:43 PM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org> wrote:

> All,

> I have created Mark Haigh-Hutchinson's page using Devin's text:

> http://www.igda.org/wiki/Memorials/Mark_Haigh-Hutchinson

> From a technical standpoint I've made up a template and altered the

> example a bit. It should be as clean as a final one would be.

> Comments are needed on if this looks okay for now; I don't want to

> revise the design heavily once I gather information for a dozen more of

> course. I've made it simple and clean, wiki pages are not the most

> personal of things, but are nice and clean for this kind of stuff.

> Also; Sam Punnett (who is on this list but for some reason can't send

> messages to it) has given me details of Dani Berry's memorial page,

> which I'm waiting on permission for the eulogy use. I've made links to

> Bobby Fischer and Richard Knerr. The list already had Gunpei Yokoi and

> Eric Dybsand on it. Eulogies are now very welcome for all these

> individuals, as are names of further

> developers/players/innovators/related people, so that at least a

> placeholder link can be created.

> Thanks,

> Andrew

The sleep of Reason produces monsters.