[game_preservation] KEEP project and DiGRA2009

Dan Pinchbeck Dan.Pinchbeck at port.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 13:22:26 EST 2009

Of course!

Give me day or two to get the info together and I'll post all the details here

Be great to have a UK/EU get together

Cheers

Dan

Dan Pinchbeck
Advanced Games Research Group
School of Creative Technologies
University of Portsmouth, UK

www.thechineseroom.co.uk

>>> Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org> 06/02/09 6:07 PM >>>

Hey, Dan!

Nice introduction :) (same with Phillipe too, just I already talked to
him :D ).

This sounds interesting - I'm in the UK, I know there might be the other
odd one or two who haven't introduced themselves here as well (in
addition to Jo who I just replied to, there might be Tom from the Media
Museum here, I'm not sure ;) ). They'd need to speak out themselves to
express interest, but I'm interested in helping. Certainly it seems a
better venue to talk about things then the Develop conference, or GDC
for instance - those two rarely have such talks or presentations sadly.

If you need a person who can speak about the SIG, I can help from being
the blog/wiki editor and doing some of the project work - what we do
online, our aims, what we've completed, and so forth. I've not got any
formal training, or done any work preserving items (or even collecting
them), apart from related work for the Internet Archive, so I'd not be
likely a good candidate for any technical talk on the "how", or even
necessarily on the history of any games, unless I do research beforehand :)

If it won't be too much trouble, explaining what the DiGRA is, how the
conferences go, who attends, and so forth would help me, and I presume
others who are not as in the know as I. I don't even know if membership
of the organisation is required, or how much the stuff costs :)

Circulating a proposal is fine. Hopefully people who are interested will
speak up, although I haven't actively pursued people who join from the
UK, so if there is anyone you know not on it that would be helping, tell
them joining the list is free, and contributions voluntary ;)

Thanks for posting this! I hope to meet you sometime either then, or
before maybe :)

Andrew