[game_preservation] DiGRA panel further information

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Feb 9 18:06:42 EST 2009

First thing to note is the deadline, a very fast approaching Friday 6
March 5pm GMT!

For paper one, well, it's difficult - while there are academics on here,
there are not, I'm led to believe, a lot (or a lot of active ones who
read this list at least). You might need to solicit views or a writer
from outside the SIG when it comes down to it, just to be honest :) (I
can't write it myself, I'm not an academic and it'd take a fair bit of
research on my part to get ideas together for the paper since I don't
work in a University, as such :) ).

One other quick suggestion, since I'm not good on the paper writing
front (although I'll chip in after discussions have started here :) )
would, in a pinch, the SIG's white paper on the importance of videogame
preservation be suitable to fill a slot? I'm sure we could get it edited
by March.

Looks good though, if I can help (and as a last resort I can help write
a paper or I can review some), please keep me in mind.

Also, can you explain to someone who hasn't been what the format of past
events has been? I presume doing an hour-ish presentation on your paper?
or what? discussions? panels? I'm not too straight on that :) it'd be
nice to know before I go to it.

Andrew