[game_preservation] DiGRA panel further information

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Tue Feb 10 16:20:09 EST 2009

As far as I'm aware, it won't be published anywhere - but there may be
plans to, we do want to get it out as far as possible, regarding
readership, since it's a much more general paper then a single field or
speciality.

Henry might have more in mind regarding this, especially if it'd
conflict with this conference.

I'm up for talking at the conference if I'm the SIG rep/knowledgeable
person (on what's going on in general ;) not specifics). By the time the
conference comes around I hope to be more an expert on groups, problems,
and the SIG will be half way through another year of work by then. Since
I'm UK based, unless the conference is thousands of pounds, I can make
it down to it (if it is thousands, I'm afraid I don't have any money ;)
honest, GDC is making me broke, hehehe).

Seems Jo and Rachel might be able to help, so that's 3 of us with time
or papers to contribute. I have slightly more access to resources in my
new job research wise since I am working in IT at Nottingham University,
and can likely brush up on their journals now, so I can help Rachel
write a paper as she suggests, if no one else is available - depending
on the topic I guess, there are some areas I know nothing about.

Andrew