[game_preservation] Home of the Underdogs?

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Tue Feb 17 11:30:26 EST 2009

Dan Pinchbeck wrote:

> We may well be able to host if we can get hold of it. I'll check that out with my boss, but it's close enough to the work we are doing to make a case for it, if we can get an idea of the scale of hosting needed (and given we are an HE institution, there would be hoops to jump through to keep our legal people happy that everything there was legit)

If you refuse all of the downloadable files, the entirety of the site is
legal. The editorial content and human-picked "games like this one" is
the real content to save.

The files themselves are floating around in various communities --
that's not a problem, if access to the files is needed. Not legal, but
available nonetheless.

HOTU hosted other sites, including The Mac Garden, which was like HOTU
but for classic Mac games. Hopefully those can be saved as well, since
there has been very little effort to preserve classic mac games and mac
game information.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/