[game_preservation] [Monthly SIG Roundup] July 2009

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Jul 2 05:46:34 EDT 2009

The SIG will have their first white paper presented at DiGRA, which Dan
Pinchbeck is still organising and has posted news on, although I've been
too busy to work on anything additional for the SIG and no one has other
contributions this month.

Preservation SIG Juny 2009 Work

I've been busy, so apart from some planning haven't got anything to put
forward as work. The SIG hasn't got any other ongoing projects right
now, but if you are interested, at all, in preservation to help us with
our projects <http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG> (and if
you think something is missing, please tell us).

Future Work for July 2009

All our projects need to get going really!

Mailing List Discussions

If you've not joined our mailing list
<http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/game_preservation>, please do
so. We've never tried using our forums it seems :) we stick to
old-fangled email. This will eventually change when the IGDA site
changes over - although those wanting email can still get it.

June
<http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-June/thread.html>
had mainly discussions on the the SIG paper at DiGRA
<http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-June/001236.html>.
We'll sort the paper being presented, and I'll be down for the panel in
October.

Devin also has kept us updated of some very neat items - the making of
Earthworm Jim
<http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-June/001243.html>,
1Up on Michael Jackson
<http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-June/001245.html>,
and Unseen 64 Call for Art
<http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/game_preservation/2009-June/001240.html>.

Preservation SIG Blog Updates / Links

/Have I missed anything this month? Then email it in to
preservation_news @ igda.org !/

I'm afraid there's been nothing presented my way, or anything I've seen,
to post about regarding the state of game preservation.

Final Thoughts

Hopefully I'll get my spare time sorted to work on some of the projects.
I want to try and finish or at least get going one per month. Please,
however, if you're interested in helping just put some work into the
information on the wiki would really help :)

Andrew Armstrong

IGDA Game Preservation SIG Site/Blog editor