[game_preservation] Game Preservation panel at DiGRA2009

Dan Pinchbeck Dan.Pinchbeck at port.ac.uk
Sun Jun 7 09:19:20 EDT 2009

Hi Devin

The proceedings should be freely available on DiGRA's website after the conference - so unless that changes (which I doubt!) they'll be public. The SIG paper will need agreement from this community anyway - the plan is for me to roughly edit it for the conference and then get it agreed before it's finalised - unless anyone else wants to do that!

Cheers

Dan

Dr Dan Pinchbeck
Advanced Games Research Group
School of Creative Technologies
University of Portsmouth, UK

www.thechineseroom.co.uk
www.keep.port.ac.uk

>>> Devin Monnens <dmonnens at gmail.com> 07/06/09 1:54 PM >>>

Dan,

Will the papers presented in this panel be made accessible/published
elsewhere (such as on the Preservation SIG website?).

-Devin

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Dan Pinchbeck <Dan.Pinchbeck at port.ac.uk>wrote:

> Dear all,

> A very quick note to let you all know that the Game Preservation panel we

> proposed for the DiGRA2009 International Conference has been accepted. This

> includes papers by Jo Barwick, the KEEP consortium, the National Videogames

> Archive and the IGDA Game Preservation SIG White Paper.

> I'll send more details through next week, but just wanted to say thanks to

> all the contributors. I think it's really important that we've now got a

> platform to discuss game preservation at the foremost games research

> conference.

> More soon!

> Dan

> Dr Dan Pinchbeck