[game_preservation] SIG paper for DiGRA

Dan Pinchbeck Dan.Pinchbeck at port.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 09:55:02 EDT 2009

hi all,

a very (very) initial structural draft of the paper for DiGRA is uploaded here:

www.thechineseroom.co.uk/IGDASIGpaper.doc

If anyone has the chance to glance over it and give me a sense of whether I'm heading the right direction with this, make comments, changes, etc, I'd be really grateful. Like I said, it's at a phenomenally early point (deadline is 1st August) so don't expect much!

I also need to confirm for the programme a final title for the paper and confirm the list of authors - as I wasn't involved in the white paper, can someone just triple-check that for me and send a list/title?

Finally, as soon as I have the exact date/time for the game preservation panel I'll send it through - but this paper will need a presenter. I can 'arrange' that if need be, but it would obviously be great to have someone from the SIG there (Andrew, you're just up the road... and I may be able to find some budget to help out with registration, etc?) Any thoughts there would also be great,

Thanks

Dan

PS- thanks Melanie for the heads-up - hope this is a better way of doing things! :)

Dr Dan Pinchbeck

Advanced Games Research Group
School of Creative Technologies
University of Portsmouth, UK