[game_preservation] AJP and Guru Decapping Project

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:50:12 EST 2010

Hello Istvan - great to see you posting this to the list!

This is pretty cool! So if I have already dumped my Amiga disks using the
old serial cable method (which took something like 10 minutes per disk),
will this give archival backups that SPS likes to have? I just have .adf
versions of everything.

Now if you are interested, I can send some copies of the Amiga Software of
the Month Club .adf files - I think these are distributable if you just want
to take a look at the content. There are some very interesting independent
games on some of these disks along with some .mods from the demo scene. ASMC
was a US group of Amiga enthusiasts - I only inherited these from a
professor at Cleveland State University (did not get the Amiga though b/c it
was kind of expensive for an undergrad). I hope simply playing them did not
alter the data...

Lastly, does this hardware work with Famicom disks? I suspect because they
are magnetic disk media that they might require a system such as this (I'm
not sure what that says about current community backups). Also on the Gray
Hat side is this interesting program for viewing/modifying .fds files:
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/662/

-Devin

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:00 PM, István Fábián <if at caps-project.org> wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfT-F0GUl4