[game_preservation] Box/Manual/Papers/etc. preservation

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:58:37 EST 2010

Hello,
Someone over at the vintage computing mailing list had contacted the
rare books library at the University of Illinois about
cleaning/restoring/preserving some moldy or dirty computer books.

They responded back with a number of helpful links, and I thought this
would be helpful to other (like myself) who focus on pre-cd/dvd era
games and materials. Likewise for those who archive industry
documents as well (lord knows when it's been sitting in some
ex-employee's basement or storage, that they're not always in the best
of shape).

Marty

XXXXXX asked that I send you a list of resources to aid you in your
conservation needs. The following sites offer comprehensive and
easy-to-follow guides:

http://www.nps.gov/history/museum/publications/conserveogram/04-09.pdf
http://www.nps.gov/history/museum/publications/conserveogram/03-04.pdf
http://www.mnhs.org/preserve/conservation/bookspaper.html
http://www.conservation-us.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=497&parentID=472
http://www.loc.gov/preserv/familytreasures/
http://www.nedcc.org/resources/resources.php
This is extremely in-depth and may be above and beyond what you are looking
for: http://cool.conservation-us.org/coolaic/sg/bpg/pcc/12_mold-fungi.pdf

Thanks, Paul