[LEAPSECS] WP7A status and Re: clinical evidence about time and sun

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Dec 19 01:24:02 EST 2008

On Dec 18, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Zefram wrote:

> I think the more fundamental issue is that we will, any way round,

> need data that relates the two flavours of time. A single clock

> reading can't give both types of time in the absence of such

> knowledge.

...and wouldn't a description of how these data would be conveyed make
a useful section of any planning document related to fundamentally
changing the definition of this standard? One might suggest such a
section would in other circumstances be required - and be widely
understood to be required - in order to adopt a fundamental change
like this.

Rather, the ITU wants to entirely remove the current DUT1 reporting
requirement.