[LEAPSECS] Cheating means more planning, not less

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Dec 28 19:10:17 EST 2008

In message: <0812290002.AA16091 at ivan.Harhan.ORG>
msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG (Michael Sokolov) writes:

: M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

:

: > I know that nobody is proposing rubber seconds today.

:

: Wrong! I am!

I don't think that's a viable thing to do. It would play havoc with
anything except the most low-precision timing applications. And if
you don't solve the problem for high-precision timing applications,
I'm not sure that it is a viable solution.

Warner