[LEAPSECS] Schedule for success

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Dec 30 07:36:53 EST 2008

In message <4959CC1D.6231.F5D0BD3 at dan.tobias.name>, "Daniel R. Tobias" writes:

>And plenty more that mandate GMT, or some other meridian-based time

>that can be calculated as an offset of GMT. But you seem to only

>care about the documents that mandate UTC in particular, regarding

>them as sacrosanct, while the ones that mandate something else are

>merely quaint relics that can safely be ignored.

I don't ignore any in-force document, no matter what it says.

Most of the population would consider UTC a fancy way to spell GMT
and therefore, it is widely understood that outside england the
latter should be read as the former.

The most important document in this respect is POSIX btw.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe