[LEAPSECS] How good could civil timekeeping be?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 13 19:21:45 EST 2008

In message <41894EFF-A356-4887-AB85-EB98B0A1754E at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

Rob,

Discussing leap seconds with you is like discussing papal infalibility
with a catholic priest.

According to you, people like me know nothing, have no problems and
don't understand anything about time.

I beg to differ.

We are getting to the point where your email behaviour could make
me cheer the WP7A proposal on, if for no other reason, then out of
spite for your snotty treatment of legitimate concerns.

Sometimes, I even wonder if you are staging an intricate PR war
against leap-seconds, hoping to get them abolished by behaving as
an utterly unreasonable block-head ?

The reminder in my .signature normally terminates that train of
thought.

But to show that I'm, still, trying to take you seriously:

What are your comments to my proposal to announce leap seconds
10 years in advance ? Could you live with that ?

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe