[LEAPSECS] How good could civil timekeeping be?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Feb 15 11:16:31 EST 2008

Thanks for the pointer. Sounds like an interesting read, I'll look it
up. I suspect I already grasp the gist of the Cambridge versus New
Jersey characterization, but note that there is a lot of cross-
fertilization and most people have responsibilities in both camps.
After all, Princeton is in New Jersey and Watson and Crick reverse
engineered DNA (three billion years of design by the ultimate
committee) over bitters at the Eagle in Cambridge.

Other examples are Zen and the Art of Motorcyle Maintenance, Muir's
classic Volkswagen manual - or Burning Man, for that matter.