[LEAPSECS] princes

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Nov 3 11:34:40 EST 2008

M. Warner Losh scripsit:

> How often does this happen? About 1 in 29 years?

I assume you mean 1 in 19 years. But the Jewish calendar doesn't actually
repeat every 19 years precisely: certain adjustments are made to prevent
certain dates from being consecutive or coincident. For example, we
don't want Yom Kippur to fall adjacent to a Saturday, as that would make
two consecutive days on which bodies cannot be buried. The exact rules
are available at http://tondering.dk/claus/cal/node5.html .

--
With techies, I've generally found John Cowan
If your arguments lose the first round http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Make it rhyme, make it scan cowan at ccil.org
Then you generally can
Make the same stupid point seem profound! --Jonathan Robie