[LEAPSECS] Coming of age in the solar system

Nero Imhard nimh at pipe.nl
Mon Sep 6 08:19:30 EDT 2010

Roger Stapleton wrote:

> Perhaps there is nobody on this list who designs and builds sundials?

> They are usually artsist/craftsman and NOT astronomers.

I had already mentioned the Bernhardt precision sundial on this list. Its
precision is such that one or more adjustments would likely be necessary
during the lifetime of the sundial. So, given the sword of Damocles
hanging over UTC's head, I guess the smart thing to do now is to order
them with a scale designated UT instead of UTC or local time. ;-)