[LEAPSECS] one second tolerance

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Feb 8 22:31:35 EST 2011

> Note that they require "Eastern Military (24 hour clock) Time", not UTC.

Do these really differ fundamentally?
I'm assuming you can subtract 5 hours (or 4 for DST) by hand.

> Note that they assert the existence of "the" NIST atomic clock as if

> there were only one.

They're ok. There is only one NIST clock. US legal time is based
on UTC(NIST). How they actually calculate this at the ns level is
not relevant outside of the halls of NIST. Yes, most of you know
they have multiple atomic frequency standards but the product
that they disseminate is one "clock": UTC(NIST).

/tvb