[LEAPSECS] real-time UT1 realisation

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Sep 22 11:55:54 EDT 2011

In message <20110922150945.GC5501 at lake.fysh.org>, Zefram writes:

>But anyway: how do you imagine applying a Kalman filter?

I would use Bulletin A's as input, but I havn't given it more
thought that that.

First thing, I would probably grab all the recent Bul'As
(ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/reports/iers/bulletin_a/volume_xxiv/)
and see how big the difference between the 7 day prediction
and the subsequent rapid is.

Eyeballing it says around a couple of milliseconds, which, unless
you have done things to your hardware, is lost in the NTP noise.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe