[LEAPSECS] any other parties?

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Sun Jul 8 16:19:35 EDT 2012

Keith Winstein wrote:

>Around MIT we have a tradition of trying to do a "shot" of alcohol

>exactly within the leap second.

That certainly addresses the problem of what kind of celebration can
actually fit into a single second. All I did during the second was
to send a mail message (to this list, accurately timestamped), which
isn't very celebratory. A friend of mine has suggested that one should
celebrate a leap second the NTP/Unix way, by repeating whatever one did
in the previous second (e.g., stutter if speaking), but I don't think
he's ever actually tried it.

-zefram