Markdown bug??

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun Aug 22 21:34:25 EDT 2004

Le 20 août 2004, à 19:38, John Gruber a écrit :

> Joshua E Cook <markdown-discuss at blinkinglights.org> wrote on 08/20/04
> at 6:20pm:
>
>> Put the following text through the Markdown Web Dingus on your site
>> and
>> examine the HTML output.  I get an extraneous <p> around "Trailing
>> which were opened before "List header."
>
> I can't reproduce this. When I try your example input, it works.

That's strange, because I get exactly what Joshua describe, for both
his first text and his second test case, by using either the Markdown
Dingus or the PHP Markdown Dingus. For some reason my experimental PHP
Markdown seem imune to this problem so it probably has something to do
with block tag handling, but I'm not sure what it could be exactly.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/