Interesting Issue

Lou Quillio public at quillio.com
Thu Dec 9 00:35:59 EST 2004

Chris,

To transform a man page into XHTML with Markdown, you'd probably
want to wrap the literal passages in backticks (`) so they're
transformed to inline <code> elements, and let your own CSS take
over from there.

Also see the MD syntax for block-level code elements.  MD transforms
plaintext to XHTML.  You have to know what sort of XHTML you want
but, once you do, MD makes it easy.

LQ

Lou Quillio
Box 459, Cambridge, NY USA 12816