Markdown licensing

Michael Granger ged at FaerieMUD.org
Thu Dec 30 12:49:48 EST 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 3:28 AM, european bob wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 09:59 +0000, david scotson wrote:
>>> (First thought is; is this change for change's sake? Or is there
>>> actually some evidence people need a licence change?)
>>
>> I was recently looking into the Ruby implementations of Markdown and
>> read a comment where someone (reluctantly) chose RedCloth (primarily
>> Textile) over BlueCloth (Markdown) for licensing reasons.
>
> Yes, but that's hearsay. I'm actually asking for evidence ;)

I am the author of the BlueCloth module, and I have been asked by
several people to relicense it to them so that they could use it in
their own projects, and have had to turn them down. I chose the GPL for
BlueCloth purely because of John's licensing choice, and I'll be
releasing the next version under the more-liberal license immediately.

I, for one, am immensely happy with the licensing change.

--
Michael Granger <ged at FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Believer, Architect