Markdown licensing

Tom Emerson tree at basistech.com
Mon Dec 13 12:51:04 EST 2004

european bob writes:
[...]
> But, I would have thought that moving to LGPL would satisfy them.

We have seen cases where potential customers refuse to use software
that includes libraries/functionality that has been licensed on either
the GPL or LGPL, but will happily accept inclusion of software
licensed with MIT/X or BSD. For many RMS's evangelism has coloured
their interpretation of any license that smacks of GNU anything.

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com