First draft of full syntax docs

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Fri Mar 12 00:26:45 EST 2004

I've published a first draft of the syntax docs here:

    <http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax>

which clears the way for a real announcement tomorrow.

The docs ended up being a lot longer, and thus look a lot longer to
write, than I anticipated. This *always* happens to me.

If anyone spots any typos or mistakes, please let me know. Nothing
is too picky to report.

I'd also like to know if there's anything you don't find clear. If
there's some aspect to the formatting syntax you don't understand, I
want to hear about it -- because either that portion of the docs are
poorly written, or the syntax itself is problematic.

Thanks,

--
John Gruber          |              Daring Fireball
gruber at fedora.net    |    http://daringfireball.net