Getting around div tags

Fred Condo fred at tincture.us
Thu Mar 18 22:36:18 EST 2004

On Mar 18, 2004, at 19:32, John Gruber wrote:

> Same thing here -- I'm loathe to start adding arbitrary new
> whitespace rules to support a feature that I'm not sure is all that
> necessary. I think more people would run into a problem with these
> rules by accident than there would be people who actually put them
> to use.

Which is why, if this is going to be a feature at all, it ought to use
deliberate syntax with a printing character, like my "verbatim"
suggestion (not that I'm married to it). Also, in another post you
mentioned that maybe this only applies to div tags; I'm inclined to
agree unless someone can come up with a counterexample.