Email masking question

Fletcher T.Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Fri Mar 19 11:29:17 EST 2004

First, I downloaded Markdown after reading about it on the blosxom
mailing list and really like it so far.  I have installed it on my live
site, and am fairly happy (one small gripe, but I don't know that there
is a good way around it, and the solution is to simply leave things as
they were before I installed Markdown, so I can't really complain!  ;)

I do have one question about the email masking, however.  I agree that
it is a wonderful way to block *some* spambots, which is better than
none.  The first plugin I wrote for blosxom was one that implemented a
similar scheme (antispam).  However, I mask *ALL* email addresses, not
just those within a mailto url.

Is there a reason that email masking feature can't be extended to mask
all email addresses, regardless of whether they are embedded within a
url?  It seems to me that this would add more protection, with no
visible change to the web site visitor.

Again, thanks for a wonderful piece of software!!!!

F-

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

A mind is a terrible thing to ugg.. I forgot.