Possible Blosxom plugin problem

Jason Clark jason at jclark.org
Mon Mar 22 14:52:55 EST 2004

On Mar 21, 2004, at 7:48 PM, Phil Ulrich wrote:

> It seems that Markdown, when used as a Blosxom plugin, is parsing the
> titles of the entries too.  Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem, but
> since several of my entries are formatted with a blank line between
> the title and the body, almost all of my entries are showing up with
>
> <h3><p>my title</p></h3>
>
> when the whole shebang is written to output.  Is there any way to get
> Markdown to leave the title alone?  I'd rather not go through 1950+
> entries and remove the first or second line (on some entries, there's
> metadata, so the blank line isn't always in the same place;
> furthermore, entries written using the Blosxom wikieditish plugin
> don't have the blank line at all).

Phil,

John has confirmed that this is a bug, and that it will be addressed in
the next beta release.  For now you can patch your copy by removing (or
commenting out) the following line from story():

     $$title_ref = Markdown($$title_ref);

There are a few other enhancements to the Blosxom interface which have
been discussed, which I believe will also be addressed in the next
beta.  For a summary of the issues, see [this post][1] on my site.  The
post also contains drop-in replacement code for the blosxom interface
that addresses all of the issues so far.  However, this is just my
patch, and not an official update.

[1]: http://jclark.org/weblog/WebDev/Blosxom/Markdownredux.html

Jason Clark <jason at jclark.org>
http://jclark.org/weblog/