Install issues

Arthur Lugtigheid arthur at verweg.com
Tue Mar 23 06:28:42 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm new to this list and have browsed through the archives, but I
couldn't find an answer to my question. After reading the
Markdown-documents on Daring Fireball, I decided to give this list a
try. Please don't shout at me if the solution to my problem is really
simple ;-)

Here's the problem: I have installed Markdown recently and have found it
does not apear in my "text formatting" menu when writing new entries.
Here's what my installation looks like:

- Movable Type 2.661
- SmartyPants 1.5.1
- perl-5.8.2_2
- Markdown 1.0b3

When executing Markdown.pl on the commandline I get the following message:

Can't locate warnings.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at Markdown.pl line 14. BEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at Markdown.pl line 14.

I want to check with you guys before I start shouting at my sysadmins;
is there something missing from our Perl-installation?

Apologies if this is not the proper use of this list.

Cheers,
Arthur