The Plan.

Fletcher T.Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Tue Mar 23 16:32:38 EST 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 3:48 PM, Craig Morgan wrote:

>> 4.  Features planned for 1.1.:
>>     +   Syntax for specifying class and id attributes
>>     +   Definition lists
>>     +   Ordered lists that start at numbers other than 1.
>>     +   Ordered lists that use letters instead of numbers.
>
> Can't this be taken care of with CSS ie. {list-style-type:
> lower-alpha;} rather than adding to the special cases list.

I believe so, but it seems like this would be good to add to Markdown
OUTSIDE of any css/class/style/id stuff.  Sticking with the idea that a
Markdown document should emulate plain english (or other language)
documents it makes sense: I frequently use documents that list objects
by letter rather than number, and built in support in Markdown would be
handy.

I would agree that getting fancy with the bullets in an <ul> should not
be part of the base Markdown syntax, and is best left to CSS.

IMHO....

F-

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

I worked in a health food store once. A guy came in and asked me,
"If I melt dry ice, can I take a bath without getting wet?"
         - Steven Wright