List weirdness

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed Mar 24 19:56:22 EST 2004

The code you wrote generate completely invalid html markup, so it's
clearly a bug. But I think that to achieve what you want, you should
write this:

	1. line1
	2. line2
	    a. sub1
	    b. sub2
	3. line3

The blockquote is unnecessary for indentation (and it is also bad
semantics). Just indent the following lines with spaces or a tab and
they will be put inside of the second list item. Do not forget to put
two spaces at the end of the lines "line2" and "sub1" if you want
Markdown to insert a line break. That way, you should now have the
following output:

	<ol>
	<li>line1</li>
	<li>line2 <br />
	a. sub1 <br />
	b. sub2</li>
	<li>line3</li>
	</ol>

Now I think that's more like what you want.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/